Forthcoming events organised by other research organisations
ISA World Congress of Sociology - International Sociological
Durban, South Africa. 23-29 July 2006.
- PIONEUR Mobility and the Emergence of the European Identity
Among National and Foreign Citizens in the EU, Project Final
Conference, University of Firenze, Italy, 10 March 2006; Details
available at http://www.obets.ua.es/pioneur
- COMPPRESS Competitive pressure and its social consequences
in EU member states and in associated countries, Project final
Conference, Centre Borschette, Brussels, 17 March 2006. Details
available at: http://econ.core.hu/doc/comppress/
- EPICURIUS Societal and Economic effects on Quality of
life and Well-being: Preference Identification and Priority Setting
in Response to Changes in Labour Market Status. Project Final
Conference, Brussels, 24th April 2006. Details available soon
- The European Research Area and Pockets of Knowledge Growth in the Social Sciences & Humanities in the non-EU Countries - The Case of Russia 21,22 September 2006; European University at St. Petersburg, Conference Hall, St. Petersburg, Russia. Details available in the
- Days of Socio-Economy: Education, Employment, Europe, Tripl-E DOSE Project 21-22 September 2006, Cracow, POLAND, organized by Jagiellonian University and Institute of Fundamental Technological Research of Polish Academy of Sciences. For further information, and registration, please visit:
- EUROSCIENCE OPEN FORUM 15-21th July 2006: Seminar
on Big Social Science: a transatlantic perspective, 19th July
2006, Munich. Details available in ESOF website http://www.esof2006.org/
- IKINET/EURODITE Joint dissemination conference 24-25 May 2006, Warsaw. Details available in projects' websites: http://www.economia.uniroma2.it/dei/ikinet/; http://www.eurodite.bham.ac.uk/
- 19-21.05.2006 - Locating your CSR Research - Warwick, UK
- 20.05.2006 - 7th Inter-University Graduate Conference: Challenging the Boundaries in the Social Sciences - CRASSH - University of Cambridge, UK
- OSIS, Origins of Security and Insecurity - the Interplay of Housing. Final Conference jointly with CECODHAS (the European liaison committee for social housing). Details available in project website: http://www.osis.bham.ac.uk/.
- 31.03.2006 - Bologna process & implications for CSR Research - Ingolstadt, Germany
- EGG Project Gender Equality in an Enlarging Europe,
Project Final Conference, European Parliament, Brussels, Belgium,
9 March 2006. Details available at: http://www.qub.ac.uk/egg/
- Conference Social sciences and humanities in Europe: New challenges,
new opportunities", organised by Directorate K Brussels 12, 13
December 2005. Presentations available at: /citizens/conf_20051212.htm
- Lines of exclusion as Arenas for co-operation: Reconfiguring
the External Boundaries of Europe-Policies, Practices, Perceptions,
EXLINEA project final conference, Brussels 8 December 2005. Details
available soon at the project website: http://www.exlinea.org/
- 4th Annual Colloquium of the European Academy of Business
in Society: "Corporate Responsibility and Competitiveness: Developing
Human Capital for Sustainable Growth". 5th - 6th December
2005, LKAEM, Warsaw, Poland. Details available at the Conference
- EU Borders Conference , Brussels, 25 November, Centre
Borchette, Details available at the project website: http://www.euborderconf.bham.ac.uk/
- DIALOG - Population Policy Acceptance Study - Final Conference,
Stuttgart, Germany, 16 November 2005. Further details on the project
web site: http://www.bib-demographie.de/ppa/IndexDialogStart.htm
- Communicating European Research, Conference organised by DG
RTD, Brussels, 14-15 November 2005. Calls for proposals for the exhibition
and forum available at: http://europa.eu/comm/research/conferences/2005/cer2005/index_en.html
- Framing gender inequality across Europe: Challenges for gender
mainstreaming, Mageeq project final conference, Brussels, November
9th 2005. Details available soon at: http://www.mageeq.net/
- CUHP - Constructing Understandings of Homeless Populations,
Brussels 3-4 November 2005.
- IKINET - International Knowledge and Innovation Networks
for European Integration, Cohesion and Enlargement, Scientific
Workshop, Rome, 27/28 October 2005. Further details available
soon at the project website: http://www.economia.uniroma2.it/dei/ikinet/
- FIWE - Formal and informal work in Europe - Final Conference,
Brussels, 27 October 2005, European Parliament, Eastman Building.
Further details at the project website: http://www.sozialwiss.uni-hamburg.de/Isoz/isoz/forschprojekte/fiwe/
- EURECO - The Impact of European Integration and Enlargement
on Regional Structural Change and Cohesion, project Final
Conference, Brussels 26 October 2005. Further details at the project
- The Impact of European Integration and Enlargement on Regional
Structural Change and Cohesion, EURECO project Final Conference,
Brussels 26 October 2005. Details available at the project website:
- EconChange - Economic change: Micro-Foundations of organisational
and institutional changes in Europe, Open Dissemination Workshop,
Brussels, 24 October 2005. Further details at the project website:
- Racial and ethnic minorities, Integration and the role of
Trade Unions in combating discrimination and xenophobia in encouraging
participation and in securing social inclusion and citizenship,
RITU final Conference, Paris 20-21 October 2005, details available
at the website: http://www.workingagainstracism.org/index.html
- Creating cultures of success for women engineers, WOMENG
project Final Conference (open), Brussels, 21 October 2005, Centre
Borchette. Details at the project website: http://www.womeng.net/intro.htm
- ActivAge - Informal work, Population Policy and Change
- Final Conference, Brussels, 18 October 2005, Centre Borchette.
Further details at the project web site: http://www.iccr-international.org/activage
- ESA-Conferences - 7th ESA Conference.
Nicholas Copernicus University.
9 to 13 September, 2005
- First European Association for Survey Research Conference,
Barcelona, 18-22 July 2005. Details available at: www.easr.upf.edu
- EUYOUTH-"Political Participation of Young People in Europe
- Development of Indicators for Comparative Research in the EU ,
EUYOUTH project final conference,. Brussels, 14 July 2005. Details
available soon at: http://www.sora.at/wahlen/EUYOUPART/
- Network for European Womens Rights, NEWR Project final conference,
University of Birmingham, 30 June-1 July 2005.. Details available
Low-Tech as Misnomer: The Role of Non-Research-Intensive Industries
in the Knowledge Economy International Conference
from PILOT - Policy and Innovation in Low-Tech" Project, Brussels,
29/30 June 2005.
- Bridging SSH to the other research priorities, Workshop organised
by the Advisory Group on SSH, Brussels, 27, 28 June 2005. Details
- Gender, Work and Organisations. Transitions
Keele, UK, 22-24 June 2005.
- Domestic Structures and European Integration. A multi-stage two-level
analysis of constitution building in the European Union, DOSEI
project final conference, 20 June 2005, Details available at: http://dosei.dhv-speyer.de
- Democracy and security in the EU, Workshop organised by the
European University Institute, Florence, 17-18 June 2005. Details
available soon at the Security Working Group website: http://www.iue.it/RSCAS/Research/WorkingGroups/SecurityWG/Index.shtml
- The hidden work regime. Informal work and social cohesion in Europe,
FIWE project Workshop, University of Hamburg, 27-28 May 2005. Details
available at: http://www.sozialwiss.uni-hamburg.de/Isoz/isoz/forschprojekte/fiwe/conferences_7.htm
- Workshop "Innovation Policies for a knowledge intensive economy
- assessing the European experience", Workshop
sponsored by the European Commission and organised by the Advisory
Group on Social Sciences and Humanities and the ERA, Brussels, 27th
- Employees' resources and social rights in Europe, Dissemination
Conference from RESORE project - Brussels 11th of May 2005.
- Workshop Global governance and the role of the EU; research priorities
for next decadeWorkshop sponsored
by the European Commission and organised by the Advisory Group on
Social Sciences and Humanities and the ERA, Brussels, 20th April 2005.
- A DYNAMIC
APPROACH TO EUROPE'S UNEMPLOYMENT PROBLEM ,
A lunchtime meeting to present the Key
Action project's main findings and discuss their policy implications.
Bibliothèque Solvay. La Maison de L'Europe, Parc Léopold, 137
rue Belliard, 1040 Brussels 25 February 2005, 1.15pm
- Institutional patterns and politics of racial discrimination. Project Conference
27 January 2005, Borchette Center - Room 4B
36, rue Froissart, 1040 Brussels
Dialogues Across Europe: Humanities & Social Sciences Research Forum
Organized by Intercollege
with the support of the European Commission and the Cyprus
Research Promotion Foundation, Intercollege, Nicosia, Cyprus,
27 - 28 January 2005
- "Advancing Knowledge and the Knowledge Economy", Conference sponsored by the U.S. National Science Foundation, Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development, Directorate-General for Research , European Commission, Directorate-General for Information Society , European Commission, U.S. Interagency Working Group on IT R&D and University of Michigan, Washington, DC, 10 - 11 January 2005
- PRIME - Policies
for Research and Innovation in the move towards the European research
Area - First Annual Conference - Call
for participation. University of Manchester, 7 - 8 January 2005.
- "Cohesion and convergence in an enlarged European Union", Workshop sponsored by the European Commission and organised by the Advisory Group on Social Sciences and Humanities and the ERA.
Brussels, 10 December 2004
- National Contact Points Meeting,
Brussels, 3 December 2004
- Gender Equality Policy in Europe: Making progress in difficult times Athens, Greece, 25-26 November 2004
- Information day on Citizens thematic priority London, the UK, 16 November 2004
- FP6 Projects' KicK-Off Meeting, 11,
12 November 2004
in Communication about Migration. Brussels, 21 October 2004
for education and training policies arising from the European
integration and enlargement. Prague, 7-8 October 2004
- TEARI Final Conference - Research, Innovation and Economic Performance - What do we know and where are we heading? - 8 October 2004, Brussels
EPIP Conference, European Policy for Intellectual Property
and call for papers Paris, 1st and 2nd October 2004
Creation of New Occupational Patterns for Cultural Minorities:
the gypsy case, Brussels, 29 September 2004.
- Childcare in Europe - Governance for Quality and Cohesion
24 September 2004, Brussels (Belgium)
2004 - European Conference on Educational Research.
University of Crete, Greece.
22-25 September 2004.
in Regulation Modes and Social Production of Inequalities in Education
Systems: a European comparison, Brussels, 15 September 2004.
Social Policy: meeting the needs of a new Europe' 9-11 September
2004, Oxford (UK)
ECPR Conference - European consortium for political research.
Budapest, 8-11 September 2005.
Annual Congress - European Economic Association.
August - September 2004.
IAFFE - Conference on Feminist Economics.
St. Hilda's College, Oxford, England.
5-7 August 2004.
and European Identity project: Orientations of Young Men and
Women to Citizenship and European Identity Workshop.
Scotland House,Rond-Point Schuman 6, B - 1040 Brussels, Belgium, 8 July 2004
World Congress of the International Institute of Sociology,
Social Change in the Age of Globalization.
Beijing on July 7-11, 2004.
- Halki International Seminar, Redefining the European Project, Halki, 24-26 June 2004.
- ECPR Paneuropean Conference on EU Politics, Bologna, 24-26 June 2004.
- EUROPUB: A European Public Space Observatory: Assembling Information
that allows the monitoring of European Democracy workshop.
18 June 2004, Centre Albert Borschette, Brussels.
Representations of Europe and the nation in Old and New member
states- media, elites and citizens workshop.
7 June 2004, Centre Albert Borschette, Brussels.
- The European Low-wage Employment Research network conference.
University of Antwerpen, Belgium
26 May 2004
- Infowork Final Conference
cluster, 'Social cohesion, the organisation of work and Information
and Communication Technologies: Drawing out the lessons of the
TSER research programme and the Key Action on socio-economic research',
brings together several projects in these related fields from
the TSER and Key Action.
Brussels, Centre Borschette
31 March 2004.
"Participation at this Conference is restricted to invitees"
- Loc Nis Workshop: Policy
co-ordination across competing models
Nis cluster "Labour, Organisation and Competence in National
Innovation Systems" : Drawing out the lessons of the TSER research
programme and the Key Action on socio-economic research', brings
together several projects in these related fields from the TSER
and Key Action.
Centre Borschette 13 February 2004.
Further information on the
conference will be posted later.
Social Survey Launch Conference.
Brussels, 25 - 26 November 2003.
Potential and Performance of Social Sciences
in the Process of EU Enlargement.
Vienna, 23 - 26 November 2003.
Action Kick-off meeting.
Presentation of proposals funded under the Key Action Third Call.
Brussels, 13, 14 March 2003.
- Spanish Presidency Conference.
- Belgium Presidency Conference.
- Portuguese Presidency Conference.
the Learning Society: Innovation and competence building with
social cohesion for Europe.
Lisbon, May 2000.