You will find below a non exhaustive list of links related to coal and steel issues.
European Commission Research Links
- European Research information via press releases
- European Commission, DG Research and Technological Development (DG RTD)
- Seventh Framework Programme Homepage
- Marie Curie actions
- CIRCA forum (restricted area)
- European Steel Technology Platform (ESTEP)
- Eurofer, European confederation of iron and steel industries
- IISI, International iron and steel institutes
- Zero Emissions Platform
- European Commission, DG Energy
- Euracoal, European association for coal and lignite
- World coal institute
European Commission - Other relevant funding instruments
- The Strategic Energy Technology Plan (SET Plan) , ca. 13 billion € for CCS over 10 years (2010-2020), including the aim of "Maintaining EU industrial leadership on low-carbon energy technologies" through European Industrial Initiatives, (EII, joint large scale technology development projects between academia, research and industry, including one directly addressing CCS).
- European Energy Programme for Recovery (EEPR), 1billion € for large-scale CCS projects, already financing 6 selected CCS demonstration projects over a 3-5 year period (up to 2015) and creation of a "CCS Demonstration Project Network" to share their findings
- NER300 (NB link !) ("New Entrants Reserve" 300 - jointly financed by the Commission, the European Investment Bank and member states) including the financing of 8 CCS commercial demonstration projects. This instrument is to be financed by the income generated by 300 million "New Entrants Reserves" CO2 allowances within the European Emissions Trading Scheme. In the first round of calls, covered by 200 million allowances (ca. 3 billion € expected), published on 9 November 2010, 8 CCS demonstration projects and another 34 projects on renewables are to be selected.
- FP7 Call for proposals FP7-2011-ENERGY-2 with deadline 07/04/2011,including the topics detailed in the "Call fiche"
- ENERGY.2011.5&6.2-1: Optimising the integration of CO2 capture into power plants
- ENERGY.2011.5&6.2-2: Improving efficiencies and reducing GHG emissions through CO2 capture in industrial applications other than power generation plants
- ENERGY.2011.5&6.2-3: Support to the European CCS Demonstration Project Network
- ENERGY.2011.8.1-2: Energy efficiency demonstration in manufacturing industry
- ENERGY.2011.8.1-3: Energy efficiency in low-carbon industrial parks
- FP7 Call for proposals FP7-2011-NMP-ICT-FoF with deadline 02/12/2010, including the topics detailed in the "Call fiche"
- FoF.NMP.2011-1: The eco-factory: cleaner and more resource-efficient production in manufacturing
- FoF.NMP.2011-2: Cooperative machines and open architecture control System
- FoF.NMP.2011-3 Robots for automation of postproduction and other auxiliary Processes
- FoF.NMP.2011-4: High-tech solutions in the production processes for customised healthy, green and safe consumer products
- FoF.NMP.2011-5: Towards zero-defect manufacturing
- FP7 Call for proposals FP7-2011-NMP-ENV-ENERGY-ICT-EeB with deadline 02/12/2010, including the topics detailed in the "Call fiche"
- EeB.NMP.2011-1 Materials for new energy efficient building components with reduced embodied energy
- EeB.NMP.2011-3 Energy saving technologies for buildings envelope retrofitting
- EeB.ENERGY.2011.8.1-1: Demonstration of very low energy new buildings
- FP7 Call for proposals FP7-2011-NMP-ENV-ENERGY-ICT-EeB with deadline 16/11/2010, including the topics detailed in the "Call fiche"
- ENERGY.2011.5.1-1: High-efficiency post-combustion solvent-based capture processes.
- ENERGY.2011.5.2-1: Understanding the long-term fate of geologically stored CO2.
- ENERGY.2011.6.1-1: Optimisation of IGCC technologies for use with high ash content coal
Last updated on: 2010-11-17