2nd BonFIRE Open Call for experiments and a new Cloud infrastructure provider has just been opened (as of February 1, 2012) with a total funding of 600K EUR.
(Deadline 07/03/2012, 17:00 Brussels time)
HOLA! helps European R&D in increasing collaboration, managing joint knowledge and promoting results towards exploitation: 3 videos have been produced for the winning projects!
(press release, 3/11/2011)
- Information Day for Objective 1.2 Call 8 27/9/2011 - video, presentations, offers & requests on the website!
- Internet of Services: FP7 projects collaboration meeting 28-29/9/2011 - presentations & posters on the website!
- If you are involved in public procurement, we are inviting you to fill in the survey on the purchasing of ICT goods and services: see Digital Agenda, Action 23. Deadline 14/11/2011!
SOA4All instructional videos
Learn the newest developments on services and semantics!!
- 2nd edition of the "Introduction for Mobile Web and Applications Best Practices" online training course 5/10 - 28/10/2011
- Web Consultation on "Internet of Services in the Common Strategic Framework"
- New webpages on Europa, about Cloud Computing in DG INFSO!
- Public Consultation on Cloud Computing, deadline 31/8/2011
- Digital Agenda Assembly 16-17/6/2011: Workshops results and videos (n.3 Interoperability and Standards & n. 18 Cloud Computing)
- SocIoS Videos on using Social Networks
- A virtual culture built on trust (result from the EU funded FP6-IST project Trustcom)
- HOLA! Video Contest winners announced (15/4/2011)
- CALL for tenders Quantitative Estimates of the Demand for Cloud Computing in Europe and the Likely Barriers to Take-up
deadline 20/5/2011! (published on 9/4/2011)
European research reshapes grid landscape
(Results of the Coregrid FP6 Project)
- Intelligent homes not far away... (Results of AMIGO FP6 Project)
- Sharing information the grid way...(Results of Grid4all FP6 project)
- Network initiative for latest grid technologies (Results of NESSI-Grid FP6 project)
- Current trends in the Future Internet of Services and the web data: Video SOA4ALL
- Digital Agenda: how cloud computing can boost Europe's competitiveness MEMO/11/128 on RAPID
W3C announces best practices for mobile web
MOBIWEBAPP Project (December 2010)
Special Issue on Context-Aware Web Services for the Future Internet
ACM Transactions on Internet Technology (TOIT)
Paper submission deadline: Dec 15, 2010
XtreemOS First computing challenge: Make your application challenge XtreemOS!
Contest submission deadline: May 31, 2010
Final submission by finalists due: August 15, 2010
SHOW HOW XtreemOS BOOSTS YOUR APPLICATION AND WIN 1,000 EUROS!
Special Issue of the International Journal of Systems and Service-Oriented Engineering (IJSSOE) Call for Papers Engineering Middleware for Service-Oriented Computing
The QualiPSo Project release the QualiPSo Factory, the Next Generation Forge Environment (November 2009)
On November 16th, the QualiPSo Project has released the first version of its factory.
The QualiPSo Factory proposes an open service oriented integration framework with well-defined interfaces between the components which facilitate integration of further services and integration with the corporate information system. It does not only display the projects, but also proposes tools for information exchange since the existence of distributed teams lead to a significant need for image associated with the project especially to reinforce the feeling of being involved in a group. The Factory offers services combining both development and information sharing aspects.
The QualiPSo Factory is distributed under the LGPL License. Regular releases will be produced. Source code can be downloaded here anytime. Press release (full text here).
- "Approaching the Cloud: Better Business Using Grid Solutions" booklet from BEinGRID (November 2009)
The publication gives an impressive overview of twenty-five successful case studies covering the industrial sectors from Advanced Manufacturing, Media, Financial, Retail and Logistics, Environment and e-Science, Telecommunication, Tourism, and Agriculture to Health.
The case studies from the different sectors show how businesses may profit from distributed computing -- from Grid to Cloud solutions.
In an economy that often insists on proven business cases to innovate, the booklet offers just that: concrete examples of how and why Grid and Cloud solutions can benefit the described industrial sectors.
Also included are post-project perspectives with IT-Tude.com, the Cloud momentum story, ten tips towards successful Grid-based business and much more.
NEXOF-RA Call for contributions: Open Requirements Process
to collect additional scenarios and requirements is carried out on a 6-months basis. They seek contribution on the following topics:
Scenarios that should be supported within the NEXOF reference architecture, and Requirements that should be implementable using the NEXOF reference architecture. (September 2009)
- Call For Contributions: Special Issue of Behaviour and Information Technology on "Services and Human-Computer Interaction: New Opportunities" (September 2009)
- The study on "Economic and Social Impact of Software & Software-Based Services (SSBS)" has produced a definition and analysis of the SSBS sector and its contribution to the European economy (Summer 2009)
- IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE) Special Issue on 'Software Services and Service-Based Systems' - Call for Contributions (August 2009)
New book series on Service Science available to publish project results
- Software development: speeding from sketchpad to smooth code - ICT result of the VIDE Project (30/7/2009)
- Finding new RESERVOIRs of resources: Europe’s largest grid project moves closer to cloud-style computing (Summer 2009)
- Software to unlock the power of grids, GridCOMP ICT result has been published (13/7/2009)
- Springer has started a new subline of LNCS on "Service Science". It will be a series of high-quality research books with an emphasis on the technological, engineering, business advances and innovation in services systems. The subline targets research monographs, conference and workshop proceedings as well as tutorials strictly related to services. A request for manuscripts is open, see http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-734109-0
FIA book 2009 published
The Future Internet Assembly published a book titled: "Towards the Future Internet - A European Research Perspective", edited by Georgios Tselentis, John Domingue, Alex Galis, Anastasius Gavras, David Hausheer, Srdjan Krco, Volkmar Lotz, Theodore Zahariadis. The book is available online
At Your Service: Service-Oriented Computing from an EU perspective
This book describes results from FP6 and FP7 projects on Service Engineering.
More information available on http://mitpress.mit.edu/9780262042536
- The Future Internet: Service Web 3.0 Video
- Press release: IBM Research and SAP Demonstrate Live Cloud Migration Technology (Cloud Computing Journal, 3/3/2009). (February 2009)
- ENISA opened call for expression of interests for experts in risk assessment of Cloud Computing, Internet of Things/ubiquitous environments, Data mining & profiling
- ICT Proposers day in Budapest on 22 January: All presentations, technology offers and demands made on Objective 1.2
- Access the power to the grid. The g-Eclipse Consortium today announced the first major release of the g-Eclipse framework (1.143KB).
This page is maintained by: Sabine Posdziech