NEST SUPPORT actions
The overall purpose of NEST SUPPORT actions is to provide assistance in setting up and organising the implementation of NEST.
The NEST work programme identifies three areas of action in relation to NEST SUPPORT:
- Promotion of interaction with the research community.
- Building awareness of NEST, its aims and modalities
- Interaction between NEST and other related initiatives
- Engagement of the research community in the process of identifying future research opportunities.
- Analysis of methodological and technical issues associated with the NEST research domain, including analyses of:
- the conduct of highly advanced science and technology in the European context, and on a comparative basis, and the specific socio-cultural and economic factors affecting its performance.
- the dynamics of scientific and technological change, the management issues specific to high risk and interdisciplinary research, including issues of social impact and acceptance, ethical and regulatory aspects.
- the methodological basis for addressing systemic and societal vulnerabilities to science-based hazards.
NEST SUPPORT projects are implemented through Specific Support Actions (SSAs) and Co-ordination Actions (CAs).
Learn more about NEST SUPPORT actions (Reference document)