NEST SUPPORT actions
The overall purpose of NEST SUPPORT actions is to provide assistance in setting up and organising the implementation of NEST.
The NEST work programme identifies three areas of action in relation to NEST SUPPORT:
Promotion of interaction with the research community.
- Building awareness of NEST, its aims and modalities
- Interaction between NEST and other related initiatives
- Engagement of the research community in the process of identifying
future research opportunities.
- Analysis of methodological and technical issues associated with
the NEST research domain, including analyses of:
- the conduct of highly advanced science and technology in the
European context, and on a comparative basis, and the specific
socio-cultural and economic factors affecting its performance.
- the dynamics of scientific and technological change, the management
issues specific to high risk and interdisciplinary research,
including issues of social impact and acceptance, ethical and
- the methodological basis for addressing systemic and societal
vulnerabilities to science-based hazards.
NEST SUPPORT projects are implemented through Specific Support Actions (SSAs) and Co-ordination Actions (CAs).
Learn more about